A customer engagement strategy deepens your relationships with your customers, so it’s important to get it right. While it can seem intimidating at first, communicating well with your customers can improve your business dramatically. Here are six key points to keep in mind when building a strategy for your business:
- Study your customers: discover their likes and dislikes through customer insights, so you can make sure that what you’re selling is relevant to their wants and needs.
- Build a robust brand: Brand identity is very important when creating your customer engagement strategy. While you want to look at connecting with your customers emotionally, it’s crucial that your brand clearly represents your business and stays pertinent to your customers and their changing needs.
- Drive the conversation. Customers love genuine interactions, so don’t shy away. But be prepared. If your business becomes part of the conversation, make sure you’re in the driver’s seat. Interact, be aware and let your true self as a business shine through. After all, it’s what brought your customers to you in the first place.
- Get your messaging right. There’s a lot of room for you to write content – through advertising, sales pitches and on your website – so make sure you keep it consistent and engaging. If that means throwing money at the problem to pay someone who can do this well for you, do it.
- Make sure your employees embrace your values. The responsibility of customer engagement must fall on everyone who works at your company. There’s no better sales pitch for a customer than when the employees believe in what they’re selling.
- Manage your online reviews: Check out Yelp and Google to make sure you’re engaging with what customers are saying about your business. If your reviews are negative, take a step back and look at why. It’s important that your customers feel you hear them.