Customer Engagement Platform
As customer engagement has become the new buzzword, software companies are trying to keep up to help businesses of all sizes succeed: enter the many customer engagement software platforms now available. So, how do you choose the right one? There are a couple of important selling points to keep in mind. Each platform has to do two basic things:
- It has to ‘trigger’ a response: when a customer performs an action, it ‘triggers’ a form of communication – think email, phone calls, etc.
- Then comes a ‘communication’: this is the automated response dictated by the trigger. The idea with this written communication is that the more customized it is, the more likely the customer will open, click and respond.
To help you narrow down the platform that will work best for you, we’ll consider three different categories:
CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system options are technology platforms that manage and analyze customer interactions with the intention of improving customer relationships. A few great choices include Salesforce, Insightly and Zoho CRM.
Marketing automation platforms offer solutions for businesses that need to automate repetitive tasks – these include a broad range of analytical tools. The leaders in this category continue to be HubSpot, Marketo, Pardot and Act-On.
All-in-one enterprise solutions are software options that offer everything you need to kick your eCommerce business off with a bang. They bring together sales, service and marketing tools that allow you to manage everything from one place. More companies are trying to mirror this idea, so look out for news from your favorite platform to see if they’re upping their game by creating an all-in-one solution, too. For now, you can count on these top choices: Fortune3, Side-Commerce, Volusion and CoreCommerce.
These platform examples give you a great foundation to start your search. From here, you’ll be able to see what’s available and choose what will work best for your small business.
- Cart Abandonment 101
- Cart Abandonment Rate
- Content Marketing for Small Business
- Conversion Rate Optimization Tips
- Customer Engagement Model
- Customer Engagement Platform
- Customer Engagement Strategy
- Customer Loyalty Programs
- Customer Service
- How to Blog for Business
- How to Create a Facebook Page for a Business
- How to Generate Leads Online
- How to Rank Higher on Google
- Increased Customer Engagement
- Keyword Research for Beginners
- Marketing Automation
- Marketing on LinkedIn
- Online Checkout Best Practices
- SEO for eCommerce
- SEO for Startups
- Small Business Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing for Startups
- Starting a Customer Loyalty Program
- Twitter Account for Business
- What is Conversion Rate
- What is Customer Engagement
- What is Paid Search